Friday, March 08, 2013

Blueberry Muffins

I have tried loads of blueberry muffin recipes and finally a few years ago I found the perfect one. I have  tried recipes where you cook the blueberries into a jam (from America’s Test kitchen) but that’s just too much work and didn’t yield anything so tasty as to warrant the extra work. And I’ve tried recipes with vegetable oil (fast and healthier) but they just don’t rise into nice fluffy muffins. (At least here in the high-altitude of Utah they didn’t.)

D7K_1460I really hate that the perfect recipe requires softening the butter, which takes foresight, but oh well, these are just perfect with a nice sugar crunch on top. Use fresh berries if possible. Oh, and notice how the berries don’t sink to the bottom and didn’t turn the batter bluish-purple?  Hooray! The perfect breakfast treat. Cake for breakfast….mmmmmmmm. Or any-time-of-the-day treat really.

D7K_1462-2

This recipe isn’t on the Williams-Sonoma website but it’s found in their Muffins cookbook.

 Click here for my printable version.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...