Saturday, December 04, 2010

Pear Grocery Bag

FREE pear design on my website!
I love using reusable grocery sacks at the store. Not because I care about the environment (ok, I care, but not Al Gore care…nevermind, he doesn’t care. Have you seen his mansion?) I like them because you can really load them up at the grocery store and they never rip due to heavy cans.
pear grocery bag (4) copy
To make this 15-minute grocery bag you’ll need:
1 piece of canvas cut 20”x34”
2 pieces of 1” handbag webbing cut 18” long each
heavy cardboard cut to fit bottom, approx 8”x10”
Fold the canvas in half and sew the two sides of the bag (I used my serger to finish the seams but you don’t have.), then sew an 8” gusset along the bottom of bag with heavy triple stitching to reinforce the seams, fold down top of bag 1/2” and sew all around.  Attach straps with lots of stitching. Cut a piece of cardboard to fit the bottom. This gives it stability. All done!
Embellish with an embroidered motif like my pear or hand-appliqué some fun shapes.
pear grocery bag (2) copy
I love quick projects!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...