Thursday, May 13, 2010

April Showers Bring May Flowers

spring flowers 002aIt stopped raining yesterday long enough to snap a few photos. As I walked to my mailbox I noticed my happy little flowers standing tall after lots of rain. (I thought Utah was the desert?)These flame tulips,  hyacinths, and bleeding hearts are all in my front yard. And of course as i am laying down on my sidewalk (on a towel to stay dry) cars drive by and stare at me with Nikon in hand. The neighbors must think I'm nuts. But spring flowers don't last forever.
They sure make me happy.

p.s. Have I mentioned how much I love my 35 mm lens Paul bought me for Christmas? Love the wide aperture (f/1.8) I can shoot now! (Aperture gives that nice fuzzy background)

spring flowers 004a
spring flowers 008 copy

4 comments:

jeana said...

beautiful!

Nancey said...

Love the hyacinths shot.

Candy said...

holy moly! you could start an etsy shop and sell your prints!
those are gorgeous!

LaurieJ said...

Beautiful shots! I might have to look into getting that lens.
It was so fun to see your kids and Paul the other night. You should have seen Kate and Hallie hit it off. Sigh. If only we neighbors

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...