Thursday, February 14, 2008

Liverpool Dress


Inspired by the housedress in Amy Butler's Midwest Modern Book (left photo), I am making myself a tunic to wear over jeans. I've been toying with the idea for months but thought I was too old to pull it off. After seeing Amy Butler, who I think is around 40, wear it on page 142 of her book, I decided I aint too old! So I bought her pattern for the Anna Tunic and away we sew!

Amy called the dress on the left the Liverpool Dress "after deciding that it looked like something the Beatles' girlfriends might wear in the early 60s." So see, it's more rock-star girlfriend, than housewife. It's all in the packaging.

3 comments:

Ilene said...

Oh, you go first. Let me know how the tunic with jeans goes. If you feel okay then maybe I will pull enough courage together to do the same.

cute stuff!

Anonymous said...

If a short fat girl could look good in this outfit I would hire you to sew one up from me. Sadly, "not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent!"

Anonymous said...

Cynthia:
Loved your Blog! I was searching for a pattern for Amy B's Liverpool dress and stumbled on your tasteful and lovely site.
Cheers,
Denise
Boise, ID

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...