Monday, June 16, 2008

Synopsis of YW Camp


Lots of snow and mud….40 degrees by day, 20 degrees by night……all day campfires to stay warm….all day smoke inhalation of said campfire burns lungs and eyes day in and day out…wind galore chaps face…..went through 2 tubes of chap stick….extreme cold keeps me in three layers of clothing at a time….backpacked and hiked in snow….stuffed foot warmers in shoes after hike to thaw out feet…..peed on a rock in the wilderness like an animal…..getting a sore throat…..sore ankles the next day from sinking in snow while hiking…..sore between my knees from ‘chattering’ with the cold….one of my campers got very sick…..life threatening…..life flight….helicopter finally landed due to our prayers to calm the winds…..drank more hot chocolate this week than entire life combined….learned more crazy camp songs like ‘mormon boy’ and ‘wienie man’ that will surely come to haunt me on my deathbed in a state of delirium……realized sore throat turned into bad cold with constant coughing and nose blowing….had a great time getting to know the girls better….hoped I helped them increase their testimonies of Jesus Christ….great testimony meeting…..came home and took hot shower for 45 minutes….slept…..ate Café Rio for dinner….slept through the night in my warm bed without a ski hat on…..nursed my cold with cough medicine....happy I went.

11 comments:

Michael said...

Who woulda thunk it?? I raised a trooper!

Congratulations for toughing it out and for backing it up with prayer and faith!

Love Dad!

*Brett and Lacey* said...

Wow! I am glad that you survived!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had fun because it looks and sounds like it was miserable!

Love,
Patty

Ilene said...

Funny stuff. Thank goodness it's over, right?

Do animals pee on rocks?

I think I would have hopped on the life flight with the girl.

I hope she is okay!

jessica said...

I'm sure you will be showered with many blessings...and I can guarantee you helped those girls!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Sounds like a good :p time! You now know that you can do anything..

Ps. You know I want more details :)

Kathleen said...

Thank-you so much for posting such a beautiful picture of me! I'll have to give you a glamour shot to post so the people out there in the blogosphere will know what I "really" look like. :-)

I'm glad we went but I'm soooo glad we're home!

Win said...

You can now say you are a survivor!

Brian and Carly said...

I'm happy you went too...:)

Paul said...

Cold, wind, illness oh my.
Glad to have you home sweetie pie!!

Paul said...

Cold, wind, illness oh my.
Glad to have you home sweetie pie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...