Monday, June 14, 2010

Lettuce Wraps

DSC_0319 copyThe quest for a knock-off recipe of P.F. Changs lettuce wraps has ended! I have tried many, many recipes to try to re-create those oh-so-famous lettuce wraps with little success. Then I saw this article in Food Network magazine. Success! I used ground chicken instead and added some sweet chile sauce (for heat and sweet) in place of the rice wine and jalapeño. I had never cooked with shiitake mushrooms and I think those may have been the secret ingredient. My kids hated the mushrooms (surprise) so I gladly let them pick them out and pile them on Mama’s plate. Oh, and I eliminated those crispy noodles which I don’t think add much flavor but add a lot of extra frying time. Oh so dang good on butter lettuce leaves with a side of jasmine rice. I’m so, so, happy.

4 comments:

Ilene said...

Thank you. Dan always wants me to make these and I keep striking out on the few recipes we tried.

Bonus: I have an excess of butter leaf lettuce in my garden. This is a non-salad way to use them. I really have a hard time making my own salads and eating them. Something about the process of making a salad makes my enjoyment of one drastically decrease. I wish the same thing happened when I made cookies.

Carry Grace said...

I'm so glad you posted this. The closest P.F.Changs to us is almost 2 hours away. I will be attempting these.

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

Your mother saw those lettuce wraps and said YUM! Let's try this at Duck Creek!

PF Chang's is very close to us, but heaven knows they cost a lot! Now we need to just find a magic rice like we found a magic pasta for diabetics. SIGH, I miss rice so much! I ate tons of it in Asia.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...