Monday, August 18, 2008

Kitchen Shelves


We've lived in our house for two years now. And for two years I have been staring at this big blank wall in my kitchen wondering how to fill it up with stuff. I had three options--1) A large buffet with a hutch, 2) A large buffet with shelving, and 3) a large buffet with tons of framed art (or one large art piece). I finally decided what I wanted--option #2. So I ordered my buffet and then went to Ikea and bought these amazing stainless steel shelves. Could I blog about Ikea more than I already do? I love, love how these shelves turned out. It's going to be another 6 weeks before I can replace this thrift store table with my gorgeous buffet--check back then to see the full impact photo. Yee haw!

7 comments:

Ilene said...

AWESOME! I love the stainless steel. I also love Ina's colorful cookbooks. I also have those green boxes from Ikea.

It is probably a good thing I don't live close to an Ikea.

Carry Grace said...

The shelves look great! I can't wait to see the buffet.

jessica said...

I LOVE IKEA!!!! The closest one to me is 5 hours away:( The first time I ever went there we shopped for three hours...with our kids!

The shelves look so fabulous!

Unknown said...

Ok i have IKEA envy.. is that like coveting your neighbors wife?? i think the closest IKEA is like in new york or something.. i'll just have to admire from afair.. i have looked on their website and half way thought of having a couch shipped to me but honestly you loose pretty much what ever good deal you got on the couch by the high price of shipping big..
but i just love your house!
KyLeyne

The Tolman Family said...

I LOVE IKEA!!!! I am redoing my scrapbook/sewing room with stuff from there. I love what you do. I would love to come and see your house.

Glenda

Brian and Carly said...

Love it! You have such an awesome style!

Michael said...

Here's is why my distaste for Ikea is revived: Your sister loves Ikea, so she goes and buys all this assembly required stuff, and guess who is asked to put it all together? Yep! Pops (me) How can I refuse? My knees are still paying the price for the Ikea laminate flooring she bought and I had to install. Hey! I'm old, but my ego has not died yet, so I told her it would be a piece o' cake. I mean it was easy in my mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...