Friday, November 21, 2008

Foul Words A Plenty


Is it wrong that I laughed so hard I cried the other day upon hearing this:

Hallie: (approaching me while sobbing) Mom, Ilene says that when I grow up I'm going to.....I'm going to (more sobs).... I'm going to smoke. But I'm not Mom, I'm never going to smoke. But she keeps saying I WILL!!

Mom: (biting lip to prevent guffaws from escaping) Well, ignore Ilene. I know you won't smoke when you grow up.

Hallie: No mom, I'll never be a smoker.

Ilene: (sitting silently at the kitchen table, coloring, while shaking with pent up laughter and squinty eyes cast down)

5 comments:

abelnap said...

Hattie unknowingly ate some "glooten cereal" yesterday. You would have thought she had a mortal wound. The crying alone lasted at least an hour.

Lauriej said...

Aww...aren't sister's great for self-esteem and support in the hard times?? :-)

Brian and Carly said...

Thank goodness I was the older sister.

Michael said...

This is just too funny! Kinda reminds me the the teasing you kids used to do to each other. Placky girl!

Carolyn#2 said...

Classic. It sounds just like my kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...