Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Chinese Chicken Salad


I've been making this salad for at least 8 years. I love large salads for dinner in the summer. It's just one of the best and can knock the socks off of any chinese chicken salad you'll find at those overpriced chain restaurants. Mmmm...good. The kids favorite part are the fried noodles on top. Please do not top this with packaged crunchy noodles. You'll ruin it. You will.

Chinese Chicken Salad

Salad:
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1-2 heads green leaf lettuce
green onions, diced
1 ½ cups slivered almonds (optional, I'm not a huge nut fan)
3 cans (8oz each) mandarin oranges
1 package (12oz) wonton noodles, cut in strips and fried crisp (found in produce section)

Dressing:
2-4 T. sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
1 tsp. Dijon mustard (helps emulsify the dressing so it won't separate)
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/3 cups rice wine vinegar
2 T. sesame oil
2 T. water
½ cup canola oil
toasted sesame seeds

Whisk all the dressing ingredients and then slowly drizzle in oil while whisking.

PRINTABLE VERSION: CLICK HERE

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This recipe sounds delicious! I will definitely have to make it sometime. Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Patty

jessica said...

I LOVE Chinese Chicken salad I can't wait to try this one!

And thanks for the t-shirt info... I know it's end of season but I am still going to see if they have some...

Ilene said...

C'mon, we all love a Ramen noodle!

did you try LiveWriter yet?

Anonymous said...

Mom just made this for the missionaries after I printed out this blog recipe for her. YUMMMM!!!!

GrammaG said...

I made this salad while we were at the beach this week. There were 8 adults and 5 children under 3. Every adult loved this Chinese salad. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...