Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Month O' Birthdays


Phew.....we made it through all the kids' birthdays. Here's a riddle? Three birthdays in 3 different months, and only 29 days between all three? How can this be? Well, on a non-leap year, that would be January 30th, February 4th, and March 1st. I've baked way too many cakes for the blessed days--Yellow cake with Pink 7-minute icing (basically a whipped meringue), Old Fashioned Chocolate with Chocolate Buttercream, and Chocolate Sheet cake with Chocolate Frosting. Yes it's a different recipe than the Old-Fashioned Chocolate cake. I'm a little obsessed with my homemade cakes. I never do boxes and I don't care so much how they look, just how they taste. That's obvious though looking at the photos. Don't ask me why I don't have a picture to post of Hallie with her cake. I do have a video, and tried posting that, but unlike the rest of you, I try to upload the videos and they just never finish uploading--ever.







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you get all three done at the same time, right? And, at least you get the fine excuse of enjoying a yummy, homemade cake three times within 29 days, eh? The rest of us would seem like gordas if we did that. (O: But, you have a legitmate excuse, my sister. (O:

Anonymous said...

Patty O' Malley is your dear sister, by the way. I was trying to think of something that rhymed with Patty, and O'Malley is all I came up with. Ok, it doesn't quite rhyme, but it will do.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I was trying to fit in with the the O' themne from your blog title. (O:

Anonymous said...

Your kids just keep getting more beautiful each year! Ilene looks almost as tall as Nathan...we really need a get together

Win said...

I have to say the first two cakes were fabulous....I was so disappointed not to make the third! It looks wonderful!

Ilene said...

Three birthdays that Ilene (the elder) missed.

So here you go, "Happy Birthday Ilene!" "Happy Birthday Hallie!" "Happy Birthday Nathan!"

Sorry your aunt is so lame but that is why you have Winnie, Patty, and Carolyn to make up for my lameness.

Anonymous said...

I have just begun the birthday marathon. Rhett's was easy. He'd still be happy with some curling ribbon. Claire wants a parade and float in her honor. Zach just wants legos. Hannah wants a day with me. That perfectly describes the personality of each child.
All I want is a yummy cake. :)Liz

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...