Saturday, February 19, 2011

How to Add Piping to a Pillow

AutumPiping13

(left photo courtesy of Creative Little Daisy)
This will be the easiest tutorial ever for me to write. Why? Because I didn’t have to write it! Autumn over at Creative Little Daisy wrote this tutorial on piping for Sew Mama Sew.  And I surely give her technique my Cynthia Seal of Approval. Ok, so there is no such thing as my seal of approval. Even if there was, it means diddly-squat (where did that darn phrase come from anyway?) but this is 100% exactly how I make piping for pillows as well.
The best part? Autumn used some of my machine embroidery designs to adorn her pillow. I am loving the black and white. Fresh and modern. I was wondering if any of my customers used the simple outlines I try to include in many of my design packs. I guess Autumn answered that for me!
Fiver years later I am still loving my chocolate brown piped white pillow shams on my bed. It’s all about the dark and light fabrics when doing piping, in my opinion, which again, means diddly squat.
DSC_1254

2 comments:

Autum said...

Thank you so much Cynthia! I definitely love the outlines. I was thrilled to find your site and your modern designs. So much of what is out there is cutesy and not something I really would use for home decor. Yours are clean and fresh and versatile. I give them my seal of approval.

Pamela said...

I agree with Autumn! I am not the frilly type. I prefer a sort of minimalist style. Your tutorial is very well done. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to purchases as well as inspiration for my own learning to create embroidery designs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...